Litigation Associate Attorney
Rutherford Christie is seeking a Litigation Associate Attorney to join its team of highly motivated and experienced professionals who have the privilege of representing America’s most loved brands.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a motivated associate with civil defense litigation experience and exceptional written, organizational and educational skills to be part of a team which handles general liability, premises liability and security, workers compensation, construction, trucking, product liability and contracts cases in both state and federal courts nationwide.
Rutherford Christie is a boutique litigation firm, with offices in New York City and Atlanta, which provides superior legal representation in a casual and client-centered environment. We value the talented employees who choose to grow with our firm. In exchange for excellent work product, we provide opportunities for growth, education and advancement that few firms can provide.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in the state of Georgia and/or New York
- 3 – 5 years of civil defense litigation experience
- Superior communication, writing, and research skills
- Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from intake to conclusion
- Represent clients in premises liability, dram shop, products, and construction litigation
- Work closely with other attorneys and Partners on legal projects
- Regularly handle court appearances, depositions, and mediations
- Communicate regularly with clients and provide defense plans and status reports
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent training and mentoring
- Direct access to C-Suite executives of nationally branded companies
- Professional development programs including in-house CLE and Trial Academy experience
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Where We Stand On Diversity:
- Rutherford Christie is a certified woman-owned law firm in which more than half of our lawyers are female or ethnically diverse. While other firms talk diversity, we live it each and every day. It is our belief that our rich culture allows us to relate to litigants, jurors and, most of all, are incredible clients in ways that that most traditional firms can’t.
Job Type: Full-time
About Rutherford & Christie LLP
We understand that accessibility and accountability are absolutely essential to our success and are the reasons we are able to establish and maintain long-term relationships with our clients. From the simple assurance that telephone calls are returned promptly to the identification of cost savings and case solutions that the client might not have previously considered, we subscribe to the philosophy that understanding our clients’ needs is foremost to achieving a long-standing professional relationship. Long-standing client relationships are one of the surest barometers of a law firm’s success in evaluating and meeting its clients’ needs for legal representation. Rutherford & Christie serves as sole litigation counsel in Georgia and New York for several national companies because of the manner in which we approach and manage litigation. We are also proud to be certified as a women’s business enterprise (WBE) through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council. We believe the diversity of our attorneys and staff allows us to better serve the needs of a broad range of clients. We thank you for considering Rutherford & Christie and encourage you to evaluate our firm based on the principles that drive us: strong and supportive relationships with our clients and our ability to bring our clients’ legal matters to a successful resolution.